Centre likely to get Rs8,044 crore as dividend from CIL
Kolkata: The central government is expected to get Rs8,044 crore as interim dividend from state-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) for the fiscal year 2017-18.
The miner’s board of directors have approved payment of interim dividend for the current fiscal at a rate of Rs16.50 per share, it said in an exchange filing. The centre will also garner around Rs2,085 crore as dividend tax from the mining major, a senior Coal India official told PTI.
The company’s total payout on account of dividend is to the tune of Rs10,242 crore. The government currently holds 78.5% in Coal India.
- DP World buys stake in India logistics firm Continental Warehouse
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged Jammu and Kashmir, says Manmohan Singh
- UP bypolls defeat no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi Adityanath
- RBI says demonetised notes are being shredded, briquetted
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena ends emergency as ethnic tensions subside