Vodafone will not launch Indian unit IPO until next financial year
Latest News »
- Union cabinet clears transfer of AAI’s 40 acre land to MMRDA for Mumbai Metro
- D-Mart shares up 230% from issue price, market cap swells to Rs61,731.32 crore
- Fiat Chrysler planning spin-offs of Maserati, Alfa Romeo brands
- Vishal Wanchoo appointed CEO of GE South Asia
- Kerala High Court upholds discharge of CM Pinarayi Vijayan in SNC-Lavlin case
London: British mobile operator Vodafone will not launch the highly anticipated initial public offering (IPO) of its Indian unit before March next year, it said on Tuesday.
Vodafone India, the No.2 mobile phone carrier by market share and revenue, and other players in India’s crowded telecoms market have been impacted by the entry of Reliance Jio, a new telecoms venture controlled by India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani.
Vodafone said on Tuesday it intended to proceed with the IPO as soon as market conditions allow. “We do not expect this to take place during the current financial year,” it said.
The IPO is expected to raise between Rs13,300 crore and Rs20,000 crore. Reuters