Bitcoin trades above $5,000 for first time ever
London: Bitcoin smashed through the $5,000 barrier for the first time ever on Thursday, jumping as much as 7% to chalk up its biggest daily rise in over two weeks.
Bitcoin, the original and still the biggest cryptocurrency, has been on a tear recently, rallying nearly 75% in barely a month.
It has chalked up a more than fivefold increase in price since the start of the year. Reuters
- Ashraf Ghani arrives in India today for talks to boost stability in Afghanistan
- Top US firms urge Yogi Adityanath to help facilitate investments in Uttar Pradesh
- Tata vs Mistry: A timeline
- Inside N. Chandrasekaran’s ‘One Tata’ plan, a year into Cyrus Mistry’s ouster
- Tata vs Mistry a textbook case of the need for a resonant leadership, shared vision