21 June 2017: Best health plans for you
- China’s 19th party Congress: What we learned on day two
- Rex Tillerson signals impatience with China while vowing to stay on
- Air India disinvestment: Unions to meet to discuss strategy next week
- Delhi wakes up to better air quality than 2016, but pollution levels far from safety
- Pollution’s annual price tag is $4.6 trillion and 9 million dead
How do you buy a health insurance plan? If you settle with the plan your agent sells or are happy knowing you have bought the cheapest plan, there is a bit of unlearning and a lot of learning in store for you. To give you a ready comparison, we designed Mint SecureNow Mediclaim Ratings (MSMR). The full ratings can be seen here: http://www/livemint.com/mediratings. For family floater plans, there are two sum insureds (Rs10 lakh and Rs20 lakh) and three categories—eldest insured is 35, 45 or 65 years old. For individual plans, the sum assured are Rs5 lakh, Rs10 lakh and Rs20 lakh. The ages are 35, 45, 65 and 70 years.