Nikkei closes at 11-month high
- US disappointed over extension of emergency in Maldives
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- Market Live: Sensex rises 100 points, Nifty near 10400, IT shares trade higher
- Rupee weakens against US dollar ahead of RBI minutes
- Kamal Haasan to officially kick start his political journey from Madurai today
Tokyo: Tokyo’s benchmark index closed at an 11-month high Friday, notching up the year’s longest winning streak as a sharp drop in the yen boosts the outlook for exporters.
The Nikkei 225 added 0.26%, or 47.81 points, to 18,381.22, its seventh consecutive gain, while the Topix index of all first-section issues ended up 0.31%, or 4.57 points, at 1,464.53.