Best health plans for you
- Govt awaits Idea-Vodafone tower sale closure for green signal to mega merger
- Essar Shipping plans to double cargo tonnage by 2020
- ICC presents Virat Kohli with ICC Test Championship mace
- Loss and expectations: Spotlight on daughter Jhanvi after Sridevi’s demise?
- Bhushan Power bid: Liberty House plans to move NCLT this week
How do you buy a health insurance plan? If you settle with the plan your agent sells or are happy knowing you have bought the cheapest plan, there is a bit of unlearning and a lot of learning in store for you. To give you a ready comparison, we designed Mint SecureNow Mediclaim Ratings (MSMR). The full ratings can be seen here. For family floater plans, there are three sum insureds (Rs10 lakh, Rs20 lakh and Rs50 lakh) and two age categories—eldest insured is 30 or 45 years old. For individual plans, the sum assured are Rs10 lakh, Rs20 lakh and Rs50 lakh. The ages are 30, 45, 60 and 75 years.