Canara Bank sells 13.45%stake in housing finance arm to Caladium Investment
- Indians killed in Iraq: Sushma Swaraj accuses Congress of indulging in ‘cheap politics’
- Sterlite Power acquires Rs1,500 crore Goa-Tamnar project
- Another Periyar statue vandalized in Tamil Nadu
- Mahindra Bolero makes it to top 10 passenger vehicle list in February
- Airbus is said to weigh new A330 cargo model, spurred by Amazon, UPS
Mumbai: Canara Bank said on Friday that it had sold a 13.45% stake in its subsidiary Can Fin Homes Ltd for Rs 753.77 crore to an affiliate of Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC Pte Ltd.
The buyer, Caladium Investment Pvt Ltd, bought 35,80,849 shares at Rs 2,105 each in an off-market deal.
The decision to sell the stake in its home loans arm is part of the state-owned bank’s plan to monetise assets that are not core to its main lending business.
In the quarter ended 31 December, Can Fin Homes reported a net profit of Rs 59.6 crore, compared with Rs 42.18 crore a year ago. Revenue rose 24% year-on-year to Rs 349.5 crore in the December.