Canara Bank sells 13.45%stake in housing finance arm to Caladium Investment
- Improve pricing of risk-based loans, RBI tells banks
- Delhi HC asks IndiGo, GoAir, SpiceJet and DIAL to resolve terminal dispute amicably
- Coolpad raises $300 million from Power Sun Ventures
- The hockey tournament we won’t have in January
- Vodafone tax dispute: Govt calls invocation of second arbitration ‘flagrant’ abuse of law
Mumbai: Canara Bank said on Friday that it had sold a 13.45% stake in its subsidiary Can Fin Homes Ltd for Rs 753.77 crore to an affiliate of Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC Pte Ltd.
The buyer, Caladium Investment Pvt Ltd, bought 35,80,849 shares at Rs 2,105 each in an off-market deal.
The decision to sell the stake in its home loans arm is part of the state-owned bank’s plan to monetise assets that are not core to its main lending business.
In the quarter ended 31 December, Can Fin Homes reported a net profit of Rs 59.6 crore, compared with Rs 42.18 crore a year ago. Revenue rose 24% year-on-year to Rs 349.5 crore in the December.