Infosys shares fall nearly 1% on report of stake sale by founders
- 1 mn Maharashtra farmers will get farm loan waiver benefits today
- Muthoot Pappachan Group plans IPO for MFI arm
- Arvind Limited signs MoU with Gujarat govt for Rs300 crore apparel park
- Govt orders Delhi’s Badarpur power plant, generator shutdown as air worsens
- Aurobindo Pharma gets US FDA nod for generic heartburn drug
Bengaluru: Shares in Infosys Ltd fell as much as 3.5% to their lowest in over a month in the intraday trading on Friday after a newspaper reported the company’s founders were planning to sell their stakes, citing people familiar with the development.
The scrip, however, closed at Rs948.65, down 0.80% from the previous session’s closing on BSE.
Infosys co-founders are exploring a sale of their entire 12.75% stake, worth about Rs28,000 crore ($4.36 billion), in the software services exporter, Times of India reported.
The newspaper, however, quoted Infosys founder N.R. Narayana Murthy denying such a move. Murthy, along with his family, is the largest shareholder in Infosys with a 3.44% stake.
Shares of the software company fell as much as 3.5% to their lowest since 5 May.
Promoters were not immediately reachable. Infosys had no immediate comment. Reuters