Capital goods production lower than five years ago?
- IRP approval must for recovering money from defaulter’s bank account: NCLAT
- Manmohan Singh to receive Indira Gandhi peace prize
- Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe removed as party leader
- Telecom Commission to consider IMG recommendations next month for final nod
- India not to sell Cairn Energy shares to recover tax
The Index of Industrial Production’s capital goods index is an extremely volatile index. It is also well known that Indian industry suffers from plenty of spare capacity. Nevertheless, is it really true, as the chart shows, that the capital goods index in June 2016 is below the level it was in July 2011, or nearly five years ago? If true, the state of investment demand is dire indeed.