Capital goods production lower than five years ago?
If it is it true that the capital goods index in June 2016 is below the level it was in July 2011, the state of investment demand is dire indeed
Latest News »
- Snapdeal sale to Flipkart delayed owing to complex due diligence process
- Govt, industry should team up to minimize disruption due to GST implementation
- GST rollout from 1 July, but confusion still reigns among auto, FMCG firms
- Why didn’t Madhya Pradesh farmers gain from farm growth?
- NIPFP may help compute social obligation costs borne by Indian Railways
The Index of Industrial Production’s capital goods index is an extremely volatile index. It is also well known that Indian industry suffers from plenty of spare capacity. Nevertheless, is it really true, as the chart shows, that the capital goods index in June 2016 is below the level it was in July 2011, or nearly five years ago? If true, the state of investment demand is dire indeed.