Barack Obama goes ‘bang bangs’
At the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, US President Barack Obama joked about spicing up his look by sporting Michelle Obama’s bangs to gain more popularity.
- US President Barack Obama made light of his wife’s new bangs with mock pictures of himself with the same hairdo at the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in Washington on 27 April. Reuters
- Obama joked that he plans a second-term evolution from being “a young Muslim socialist” to a retired golfer, all in his new hairstyle, which he says looked, “pretty good, but no bounce”. Reuters
- US first lady Michelle Obama laughs as she sees Obama’s photos with bangs, during the White House Correspondents Association Dinner. AFP
- Obama also poked fun at the media and his critics. About his Republican rivals, he said that the GOP’s minority outreach begins with him as a “trial run”. Bloomberg
- Comedian Conan O’Brien and First Lady Michelle Obama smile for the cameras during the dinner. AFP
- Actor Kevin Spacey laughs during the dinner. Other guests included Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Claire Danes, Korean entertainer Psy, Cabinet members, governors and members of Congress. Reuters