From Sanjay Dutt to Salman Khan — Bollywood’s best test the law
On screen they are heroes. Off screen, they can be bad boys. With Sanjay Dutt headed for the cooler and others like Salman Khan and Saif Ali Khan facing charges, here’s a look at some Bollywood stars on the wrong side of the law.
- On 21 March, 2013 the Supreme Court ordered actor Sanjay Dutt to serve time in jail for possession of illegal weapons during the 1993 Mumbai blasts. In this file photo of 17 October 1995, he walks out on bail from jail in Mumbai. AFP
- 6 October 2003: Salman Khan escorted by the police.The actor is in trouble for a 2002 hit-and-run case in which 1 person died and 4 others were injured. For added punch there is a pending case of black buck hunting against him. AFP
- 23 March 2013: Saif Ali Khan appears in a court in Jodhpur which framed fresh charges against Khan, along with Salman Khan and actresses Tabu, Neelam Kothari and Sonali Bendre in a 14-year-old black-buck hunting case. AFP
- 3 October 2009: Actor Shiney Ahuja exits the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai. Ahuja spent nearly four months in jail following allegations of rape by his 19-year-old housemaid. He was granted bail in 2011. AFP
- 17 May 2012: Shahrukh Khan walks away following an altercation with officials after the IPL Twenty20 match between Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Khan was banned for 5 years from the stadium AFP
- 6 May 2001: Actor Fardeen Khan is escorted for remand in Bombay. Khan was arrested under the Narotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Act, after being caught buying cocaine from a drug dealer in Mumbai on 5 May 2001. AFP
- here to cast your vote. " title="24 April 2006: John Abraham at a function in Mumbai. The Bombay High Court on 8 March 2012 granted bail to Abraham in a 2006 case of rash driving. AFP Do you think Sanjay Dutt should go back to jail in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case? Click here to cast your vote. " class= "img-responsive"/>24 April 2006: John Abraham at a function in Mumbai. The Bombay High Court on 8 March 2012 granted bail to Abraham in a 2006 case of rash driving. AFP Do you think Sanjay Dutt should go back to jail in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case? Click here to cast your vote.