Red riding good
A new book shows how theatricality in fashion styling defines 25 years of Suneet Varma’s work
- Chiffon poncho and embroidered trousers. Collection: Dance of the Seven Veils, 2004; model: Kiran Vajpayee. Photo: Bharat Sikka
- Jamewar gilet with cigarette pants in thread and bead embroidery. Collection Jamewar, 1989; model: Mehr Jessia. Photo: Prabuddha Dasgupta.
- Collection: La Belle Epoque, 2009. Photo: Pommy Issar
- Velvet drape with rosettes and handcrafted armband. Collection: Flights of Fancy, 1997 ; model: Inder Sudan. Photo: Tarun Khiwal
- Silk velvet block-printed and bejewelled tunic and jacket with feathered turban. Collection: La Belle Époque, 2009; model: Tamara Moss. Photo: Vibhash Tiwari
- Sequin sheeted chiffon sari with handmade necklace and bejewelled turban. Collection: Pirates of Couture, 2010; model: Gabriela Bertante. Photo: Vibhash Tiwari.
- Blue beaded corset and skirt in silk georgette and tulle. Collection: Dance of the Seven Veils, 2004; model: Kiran Vajpayee. Photo: Bharat Sikka
- Ombré-dyed crushed silk dress with ribbon and Swarovski embroidered bodice. Collection: Enchanted Forest, 2008; model: Karima. Photo: Vibhash TiwariTiwari.