11 ways to leave your lover
It’s that time of the year when the Lounge team gets bombarded with cringeworthy offers and products mostly colour-coded in shocking pink or red. Here’s what we won’t be giving our dates this Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s apps that try and ‘help’ the lovelorn with ‘useful’ advice. Because delivering compliments learnt by rote from an app is clearly loving and heartfelt.
- HitPlay’s bum-shaped pan seems more suited as a weapon with which to whack the partner who complains that the meat isn’t as well-cooked as it should be. Rs 299; www.hitplay.in
- If taking your date out for doughnuts hasn’t ruined it, heart-shaped doughnuts from Mad Over Donuts will. Available in flavours like Dr Love, Hot Pink Love and Pretty in Pink. We didn’t dare to taste them. You can buy them for Rs 50 each.
- Dye red, or die pink. Killer jewellery boxes from Art Papyrus, Delhi. Rs 749.
- “I love my fans very much and I wanted to make this Valentine’s Day special for them,” says actor Poonam Pandey, and decided to put her bikini on sale. For those who care, there’s more action on her Twitter handle @iPoonampandey.
- Can Love Happen Twice? Well, love is unlikely to happen even once if this is what you plan to give the object of your affection as a Valentine’s Day gift. Rs 84.
- Here’s a sure-shot way to creep out your date. Teddy Bears dressed by Satya Paul, Manav Gangwani, Rohit Bal, Suneet Varma, Rohit Gandhi & Rahul Khanna and Abraham & Thakore. Available at DLF Emporio mall, New Delhi, at Rs 5,000 for the pair.
- A set of ruby earrings by Preeti Agarwal that double up as tools for self-defence, Available at www.preetiagarwal.in, Rs 2.45 lakh (slightly more expensive than pepper spray).
- If there hasn’t been an overdose of pink already, try some strawberry cake dusted with coconut powder at Radisson Blu, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi, Rs 800 per kg.
- British luggage specialists Globe-Trotter have crafted vanity cases and suitcases just for the Barbie girl Valentine. Perfect when paired with a pet poodle or two. Starting at Rs 40,000.
- If you’re among the 50 most obsessive song dedicators in Delhi, you can peer over the rim of a hot-air balloon and enjoy the romantic vistas created by the endless construction, thanks to Vodafone’s Valentine’s contest on Facebook.