Braving the heat wave
The heat wave has gripped many parts of the country, even as capital Delhi saw temperatures reaching 43 degrees Celsius on Thursday. In photos
- Children play with buffaloes in the River Tawi on a hot summer day in Jammu, on Thursday. Channi Anand/AP.
- A young girl covers her face to protect from the heat as she walks on the dried bed of the River Tawi, Jammu. Channi Anand/AP.
- Girls bath inside a drum to beat the heat at a field in New Delhi on Tuesday. Adnan Abidi/Reuters
- A boy plays in a fountain in New Delhi on 13 April, 2017. Cathal McNaughton/Reuters.
- The early onset of summer and heat wave conditions in parts of India are a boon to air-conditioner and air cooler makers. Adnan Abidi/Reuters.