Mumbai building collapse: Death toll reaches 17
A Shiv Sena worker was on Wednesday arrested in connection with the building collapse in suburban Ghatkopar which left 17 people dead. In images.
- Excavators remove debris following a building collapse at Ghatkopar in Mumbai on Wednesday. Reuters
- Firefighters search for survivors at the site of the collapsed building on Wednesday. Two firemen were injured in the rescue operation. Reuters
- Rescue workers search for survivors at the site of the collapsed building at Ghatkopar in Mumbai on Tuesday. PTI
- Fire brigade and NDRF personnel carry out rescue work following a building collapse at Ghatkopar in Mumbai on Tuesday. PTI
- The BMC has made temporary accommodation arrangements for the affected people in three nearby municipal schools. PTI
A four-storey building in Mumbai’s Ghatkopar collapsed on Tuesday. According to residents of the Siddhi-Sai Cooperative Housing Society, the pillars of the building got weakened due to renovation work of a nursing home on the ground floor owned by Shiv Sena worker Sunil Sitap, leading to the collapse on Tuesday.