How India is gearing up to celebrate the 68th Republic Day
Some dance, while some take a tea or selfie break. The preparations across the country on the occasion of the 68th Republic Day, which will be celebrated tomorrow, in images.
- President Pranab Mukherjee (above right) and Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (above centre), Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi during the ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on Wednesday. The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi will be the chief guest of honour at India’s forthcoming 68th Republic Day celebrations on 26 January. PTI
- Border Security Force personnels dance as they wait to take part in a full-dress rehearsal for the forthcoming Republic Day parade in Kolkata on Tuesday. AFP
- Indian army soldiers jog beside a tank during rehearsals for Republic Day parade in Jammu on Tuesday. AP
- Members of the Armed Police Force of Kolkata take a tea break as they wait to take part in a full-dress rehearsal for the Republic Day parade in Kolkata on Tuesday. AFP
- Policemen in ceremonial attire take a selfie before the start of a full-dress rehearsal for the Republic Day parade in Mumbai. Reuters
- UAE contingent’s march during a rehearsal for the Republic Day parade at Rajpath in New Delhi on 20 January. This is the first time Arab soldiers will join the military parade. PTI
- A camel eats a biscuit from the mouth of a Border Security Force soldier as they wait for the start of the Republic Day parade rehearsals in New Delhi on 21 January 2017. AP
- A Border Security Force contingent on camels marches during the full-dress rehearsal for the upcoming Republic Day parade in New Delhi on Monday. AFP
- A tableaux of Gujarat take part in the full-dress rehearsal for the upcoming Republic Day parade in New Delhi on Monday. AFP
- School children perform during the full-dress rehearsal for the Republic Day parade, at Rajpath in New Delhi on Monday. PTI.