Manchester United wins its 20th Premier League title
With four games still to play, Manchester United have sprinted to an unprecedented 20th English Premier League title after a emphatic 3-0 victory over Aston Villa on Monday.
- Manchester United’s Robin Van Persie celebrates after his team’s win over Aston Villa meant it would take the Premier League title. The 29-year-old Dutchman’s hat-trick against Aston Villa gave United a 16-point lead over Manchester City. Reuters
- (From Left) Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Rio Ferdinand and Tom Cleverley (Front R) celebrate at the final whistle after they beat Aston Villa. It meant United had its 20th English league title ever since it first won in 1908. AFP
- Manchester United’s manager Alex Ferguson celebrates after his team clinched the English Premier League. Ferguson who has managed Manchester United since 1986, and won his first championship in 1993 has now led them to 13 titles. Reuters
- (From Left) Manchester United’s Ryan Giggs, Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley celebrate their team’s victory. Along with Ferguson, the 39-year-old veteran Welshman Giggs has also won 13 Premier League titles. Reuters
- Manchester United players celebrate their return to winning ways. The 3-0 win over Aston Villa on Monday, keeps the team on course for the highest points tally in the history of English football, beating Chelsea’s 95 points in 2004-05. AFP
- United’s English defender Rio Ferdinand who joined the club in 2002 for a then record fee of £30 million celebrates his team’s victory. United is the most successful club in domestic competition in England, having won 13 of the last 20 league titles. AFP