Delhi demands safety for women
The gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in Delhi on Sunday sparked massive outrage across the country, with people from all walks of life demanding action from the police and the government. Some images of protests in New Delhi.
- Police use water cannons to disperse the protesters who tried to bring down metal barricades outside Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit’s home. Photos: Hindustan Times
- A protest by students at Munirka Chowk in New Delhi.
- Volunteers participate in a candle-light vigil at India Gate in New Delhi.
- Protestors carry placards demanding measures to ensure the safety of women in New Delhi.
- Students of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and other colleges at a protest at Munirka crossing, New Delhi.
- All India Democratic Women’s Association (AIDWA) activists protest at the Saket court complex on Tuesday.