Photo Essay | Sleeper cells
This exhibition captures an unusual aspect of the cityscape
- The street light gives a fiery glow to the trees, but this man sleeps blissfully under a mosquito net. Photographs by Dhruv Malhotra
- A construction worker, wrapped up in a blanket, sleeps on his makeshift bed of two chairs.
- Against the backdrop of this wedding venue, some workers settle in for the night, stretching out on chairs.
- These rickshaws double up as beds at night.
- In this shot, one man continues to sleep, while another has woken up and is staring at the camera.
- The sound of a passing train does little to disturb those asleep in this photograph, which captures their surroundings as much as their fatigue.