Slideshow | The youth brigade in Manmohan Singh’s reshuffled cabinet
- Sachin Pilot, 35, minister of state (independent charge), corporate affairs. At the age of 26, he was the youngest member of Parliament (MP) in the country. Pilot has an MBA from Wharton Business School. Mint
- Jitin Prasada, 39, minister of state, defence and human resource development. Prasada started his political career in 2001 as a Youth Congress General Secretary. His other interests include bird watching and jungle safari. HT
- Jyotiraditya Scindia, 41, minister of state (independent charge) power. Scindia majored in Economics from Harvard University and then went on to do his M.B.A. from Stanford Graduate School of Business. Mint
- Jitendra Singh, 41, minister of state (independent charge) youth affairs and sports. The scion of the Alwar royal family, Singh trained in automobile engineering in Germany. HT
- Lalchand Kataria, 45, minister of state, defence. Kataria played Kabaddi at the national level in 1988-89. He has been active in organising medical camps in rural area. HT
- Manish Tewari, 47, minister of state (independent charge) information and broadcasting. An avid swimmer, Tewari studied law at Punjab University, Chandigarh. HT
- Ajay Maken, 48, Cabinet minister, housing and urban poverty. Maken, who did his B.Sc in Chemistry was elected the President of Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) in 1985.