High water | Gokyo, Nepal
Amid this rarefied mountain air, five clear-water lakes lie hidden
- A trekker climbs to Gokyo Ri above the third lake of Gokyo—the peak is the 6,440m Cholatse. Photographs by Sujoy Das
- Namche Bazaar, with the peak of Thamserku in the background.
- A climber atop the high pass of Rhenjo La, connecting the Gokyo and Bhote valleys.
- A Tibetan snowcock calls to its mate near Dole, which is a two-day walk from Gokyo.
- Rhododendrons bloom on the trail near the village of Monjo, 2,800m.
- A porter carries his load past the prayer stones of Ghat village.