1993 Mumbai blasts: Images of destruction
The Supreme Court on Thursday gave the final verdict on appeals in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case that had claimed 257 lives and changed the face of Mumbai forever.
- File Photo: A devastated building in Worli after the blasts of 12 March,1993 in Mumbai. The Supreme Court on Thursday upheld death sentence for Yakub Memon, brother of ‘Tiger’ Memon, and the main accused in the serial blasts. HT
- File Photo: Explosive experts investigate the nature of the blast at Air India Building which left 20 dead. Hearing appeals in the case, the apex court on Thursday commuted the death sentence of 10 other convicts to life imprisonment. HT
- File Photo: Destruction from the serial blasts at the Plaza Talkies at Dadar West. In its judgment on Thursday the Supreme Court also held the police, customs and coastal guards responsible for the 1993 blasts. HT
- File Photo: Experts in bomb suits figuring out how to defuse powerful bombs kept in a scooter on the Dadar Naigaon Road. The SC has said the 1993 blasts conspiracy was hatached and managed by Dawood Ibrahim and others in Pakistan. HT
- File Photo: Actor Sanjay Dutt, accused for illegal possession of firearms, leaves a courthouse in Mumbai on 19 August 2002. The Supreme Court has upheld the conviction of Dutt but reduced his sentence from 6 to 5 years under Arms Act. AP