Picks | Typo trail
Cursive calligraphy, chiselled letterpress typefaces or regional scripts—splash them on tabletops, pouffes and cabinets
- Typo Birdhouse: Wooden bird houses, available in letters A-Z and numbers 0-9, in 9x9-inch size, by Mumbai-based designer Nishant Jethi. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit nishant1269.blogspot.in,Rs3,000 for a single letter/number.
- Less Common More Sense: Storage box in yellow and blue, at www.lesscommon.co.in,Rs4,000.
- Cushions: Alphabet-inspired cushions, at BoConcept, High Street Phoenix mall, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai; and Global Foyer, Golf Course Road, Sector-43, Gurgaon,Rs2,950.
- Cubed Love: Wall-mounted shelf, available in black and red, at www.FabFurnish.com, Rs3,290.
- Words Worth: Bookends by Random in Tandem, at www.randomintandem.com; www.yellowtrunk.com; and Pallate Design Studio, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, Rs2,550.
- Devanagari Frame: Made from the wooden letters of Devanagari used in letterpress printers, by Ishan Khosla Design, at 19, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi; and www.ishankhosladesign.com, Rs4,000.
- Typo Table: Made from wooden monotype blocks used in letterpress printing, by Ahmedabad-based Sudhir Kuduchkar. Available in Hindi, English and Gujarati, at www.kuduchkar.com, or contact email@example.com, Rs15,000-35,000 per sq. ft.
- Globetrotter Cabinet: Drawer set by designer Aditya Gupta, at The Furniture Republic, A-32, Sector 63, Noida; and www.furniture-republic.com, Rs15,999.
- Parisienne: Dining chair and ottoman, at The Charcoal Project, Veera Desai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Rs14,800 (chair) and Rs21,800 (ottoman).