2013 Golden Globe Nominations
Lincoln leads Golden Globe nominations followed by Argo and Django Unchained
- Steven Spielberg’s presidential biopic Lincoln leads the pack with seven nominations including best drama, best director (Steven Spielberg) and best actor (Daniel Day-Lewis). All Images from the movies’ respective official websites.
- Argo has five nominations including best director for Ben Affleck and best screenplay for Chris Terrio.
- Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained received five nominations including best supporting actor nominations for Leonardo Dicaprio and Christopher Waltz as well as best director for Tarantino.
- Silver Linings Playbook got four nominations including that for Bradley Cooper under the category ‘Best performance by an actor in a motion picture – comedy or musical’.
- The Osama bin Laden hunt movie Zero Dark Thirty by director Kathryn Bigelow also bagged four nominations each including those for best director, best motion picture – drama and best actress (Jessica Chastain),
- Les Miserables, directed by British director Tom Hooper, has four nominations; best musical or comedy film, best actor (Hugh Jackman), best supporting actress (Anne Hathaway) and best song.
- Life of Pi receives three nominations for best director (Ang Lee), best drama, best score (Mychael Danna).
- Best foreign language film nominees: Amour is a French drama written and directed by Michael Haneke, starring Jean-Louis Trintignant, Emmanuelle Riva and Isabelle Huppert.
- Nikolaj Arcel’s A Royal Affair starring Mads Mikkelsen, Alicia Vikander and Mikkel Følsgaard is set in the court of the mentally ill King Christian VII of Denmark it focuses on the romance between the queen and the royal physician.
- The Intouchables is a French comedy-drama film directed by Olivier Nakache and Éric Toledano and starring François Cluzet and Omar Sy.
- Kon-Tiki is a Norwegian historical drama film about the 1947 Kon-Tiki expedition. It is directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg. The role of Thor Heyerdahl is played by Pål Sverre Valheim Hagen.
- Rust and Bone is a French-Belgian film directed by Jacques Audiard and starring Marion Cotillard and Matthias Schoenaerts. It is based on Craig Davidson’s short story collection with the same name.