The things heterosexuals say
- India’s 2018 elections, earnings key for Asia’s priciest stock market
- Markets Live: Sensex trades lower, Nifty below 10,300, Dr Reddy’s shares rise 5%
- 10-year bond yield hits near 17-month high, rupee weakens against US dollar
- Gujarat Elections 2017 LIVE: Narendra Modi to begin last day of campaign aboard a seaplane
- Bitcoin’s first 24 hours on Wall Street feed euphoria and doubts
With Pride Month kicking off in Mumbai on 3 January, a host of events have been planned over the following few weeks. You can catch a glimpse of them here . While the final Pride march will take place on 6 February, now’s a good time to go over some of the things that people say to gay people, which they really shouldn’t. These panels below, called ‘Sexist things people say’ have been taken from Gaysi’s recently released zine. The fourth edition of the Mumbai-based queer multimedia outfit is their first graphic outing. The panels have been made by Anushka Jadhav, managing director at No Country For Women, an organization that seeks to redress ineffective knowledge of gender, sex and sexuality in India.
Happy new year, folks. Don’t offend a gay person this year. Support equal rights for everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation, class, caste and location.
The Sex Talk is a blog on gender, sexuality, and blind spots