Donald Trump’s economics
Trump has now said that the US can deal with its debt by printing more money
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
Donald Trump had said many ridiculous things when he was trying to win the Republican Party nomination. Now the fact that he will be an official contender in the US presidential race should ideally have seen him woo moderate voters who would otherwise be wary of him.
Trump has now said that the US can deal with its debt by printing more money. People like Robert Mugabe and Hugo Chavez have destroyed their countries’ economies because they too believed that printing more money was an easy way to deal with economic problems. Voodoo economics in a Zimbabwe or Bolivia is a small matter. The rest of the world does not suffer. But Trump could be in charge of not only the largest economy in the world but also the supplier of the global reserve currency.
It is likely that Trump is only playing a shadow game to impress potential voters. But the mere fact that he articulates such ideas is a cause for worry for the rest of the world.