Railways permits m-Aadhaar as ID proof for travellers
New Delhi: The Ministry of Railways on Wednesday said it has decided to allow m-Aadhaar, a digital version of the Aadhaar card, as proof of identity for travellers in any reserved class.
The m-Aadhaar is a mobile app launched by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on which a person can download his/her Aadhaar card. It can, however, be downloaded only on the mobile number to which Aadhaar has been linked.
To show Aadhaar a passenger has to open the app and enter his/her password. “m-Aadhaar when shown by the passenger on his/her mobile after entering the password should be accepted as a proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class over Indian Railways,” the ministry said in a statement.
Currently, the m-Aadhaar app is available on Google Play Store.
- Market Live: Sensex, Nifty trade higher, banking stocks extend losses
- Rupee hits two-month low against US dollar, bond yields at two-year high
- CBI won’t disclose expenses incurred to bring back Vijay Mallya, Lalit Modi
- Donald Trump Jr to hold business meetings in Delhi, Mumbai today
- Bain-backed Dalmia consortium said to submit highest bid for Binani Cement