Railways permits m-Aadhaar as ID proof for travellers
New Delhi: The Ministry of Railways on Wednesday said it has decided to allow m-Aadhaar, a digital version of the Aadhaar card, as proof of identity for travellers in any reserved class.
The m-Aadhaar is a mobile app launched by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on which a person can download his/her Aadhaar card. It can, however, be downloaded only on the mobile number to which Aadhaar has been linked.
To show Aadhaar a passenger has to open the app and enter his/her password. “m-Aadhaar when shown by the passenger on his/her mobile after entering the password should be accepted as a proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class over Indian Railways,” the ministry said in a statement.
Currently, the m-Aadhaar app is available on Google Play Store.
- Satin Creditcare subsidiary gets housing finance licence
- Robert Mugabe ends 37-year Zimbabwe rule under impeachment threat
- Brics Bank approves $400 million loans for India, Russia
- Oxford University sued over grades by student who couldn’t get into Harvard
- Apple IPhone X built with illegal overtime teen labour: Report