BJP announces candidates for bypolls in 6 states, 1 Lok Sabha seat
- Gujarat is missing its CM Narendra Modi
- Union Budget 2018: IT industry urges Arun Jaitley to address global barriers
- Bus services to Nepal from Uttarakhand, Bihar on the anvil
- Govt to increase health budget to 2.5% of GDP by 2025: Minister J.P. Nadda
- SC to hear plea against contesting elections from two constituencies
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday announced candidates for bypolls to assembly seats in 6 states and 1 Lok Sabha constituency in Kerala.
The party has fielded N Sreeprakash from Malappuram, the seat, which fell vacant after demise of former Union minister and Indian Union Muslim League president E.Ahamed last month.
The party has also fielded Gangai Amaran from the R.K. Nagar constituency in Tamil Nadu, a seat that had fallen vacant after the demise of J.Jayalalithaa, former chief minister of the state.
Apart from Tamil Nadu, candidates have been fielded for assembly by-polls to two seats each in Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka and one seat in Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and West Bengal.