BJP announces candidates for bypolls in 6 states, 1 Lok Sabha seat
BJP announces candidates for bypolls, fields Gangai Amaran from R.K. Nagar constituency in Tamil Nadu, a seat that had fallen vacant after the demise of Jayalalithaa
Latest News »
- We shouldn’t exaggerate our NPA problems: former RBI governor YV Reddy
- Cinnamon highly beneficial in managing metabolic syndrome says research
- 43 of 45 Gorkha Janmukti Morcha members pull out of GTA
- Govt to scrap public procurement wing
- What Narendra Modi may offer in exchange for Donald Trump’s goodwill
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday announced candidates for bypolls to assembly seats in 6 states and 1 Lok Sabha constituency in Kerala.
The party has fielded N Sreeprakash from Malappuram, the seat, which fell vacant after demise of former Union minister and Indian Union Muslim League president E.Ahamed last month.
The party has also fielded Gangai Amaran from the R.K. Nagar constituency in Tamil Nadu, a seat that had fallen vacant after the demise of J.Jayalalithaa, former chief minister of the state.
Apart from Tamil Nadu, candidates have been fielded for assembly by-polls to two seats each in Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka and one seat in Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and West Bengal.