BJP announces candidates for bypolls in 6 states, 1 Lok Sabha seat
Latest News »
- Donald Trump to discuss South Asia strategy with top aides on Friday
- Volkswagen submits roadmap on recall of 3.23 lakh cars before green tribunal
- Demand for artificial intelligence, machine learning experts to rise 60% by 2018: report
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella condemns Charlottesville violence
- Global gold prices edge up on softer dollar
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday announced candidates for bypolls to assembly seats in 6 states and 1 Lok Sabha constituency in Kerala.
The party has fielded N Sreeprakash from Malappuram, the seat, which fell vacant after demise of former Union minister and Indian Union Muslim League president E.Ahamed last month.
The party has also fielded Gangai Amaran from the R.K. Nagar constituency in Tamil Nadu, a seat that had fallen vacant after the demise of J.Jayalalithaa, former chief minister of the state.
Apart from Tamil Nadu, candidates have been fielded for assembly by-polls to two seats each in Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka and one seat in Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and West Bengal.