Modi sits in Rajya Sabha even during adjournment, chats with MPs
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday remained seated in the Rajya Sabha even during an adjournment of 15 minutes as members from various political parties, including some from the opposition, were seen going to his seat to exchange pleasantries or for a chit-chat.
Amid opposition demand for the presence of Modi through the debate on demonetization, the prime minister reached the upper House shortly before the question hour at 12pm. Questions relating to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) were listed to be taken up on Thursday. However, the House was adjourned after about 15 minutes till 12.29pm.
During this adjournment, Modi remained seated in the House and so were most of the members from both treasury as well as opposition benches.
Cinestar-turned politician Jaya Bachchan (Samajwadi Party) went to the prime minister and was seen exchanging pleasantries. She was followed by All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam members and a Left Front member of parliament.
Renowed boxer and member Mary Kom was also seen in discussion with Modi. As members kept meeting him, there were some lighter moments too, as the prime minister was seen smiling at times.