UK foreign minister Boris Johnson wants to tweet like Donald Trump
Edinburgh: Donald Trump’s approach to politics “has gripped the imagination of people around the world”, British foreign minister Boris Johnson said on Thursday, joking that he would like to be allowed to tweet as much as the US president.
Johnson, famous for his gaffe-prone diplomacy, laughed off a question from the BBC about Trump being “pretty unpredictable and a bit scary”.
“I think actually that Donald Trump’s approach to politics has been something that has gripped the imagination of people around the world,” Johnson said.
“(Trump) has engaged people in politics in a way we haven’t seen for a long time with his tweets and all the rest of it. I certainly wouldn’t be allowed to tweet in a way that he does much as I might like to,” he said.
“I can see my foreign office minders here looking extremely apprehensive.” Reuters
- Listen hard, Mark Zuckerberg. Google’s turned up the audio in India
- L&T CFO R Shankar Raman: Don’t see private sector coming back for the next couple of years
- MakeMyTrip CEO Rajesh Magow rejoins Flipkart board after 2 years
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Tata Sons in news
- Indian economy in a tailspin: What went wrong