Yemen PM accuses separatists of coup after HQ takeover
Aden: Yemen’s Prime Minister Ahmed bin Dagher on Sunday accused southern separatists of staging a coup in the interim capital of Aden after they took over the government headquarters.
The premier in a statement called on the Saudi-led coalition fighting Iran-backed Huthi rebels to intervene, hours after fierce clashes erupted between military units loyal to the government of President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi and security forces loyal to the southern separatists.
At least six people have been killed and dozens wounded in the clashes that spread to most of Aden.
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate fourth container terminal of JNPT tomorrow
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- PMO working on resolving PNB fraud, will try to extradite Nirav Modi: MoS finance
- Tibet’s most sacred Buddhist temple catches fire
- PM Modi should explain why PNB scam happened: Rahul Gandhi