India’s infrastructure output growth hits 5-month low in May
- Election Results 2017 highlights: BJP wins in Gujarat, trounces Congress in Himachal
- Gujarat election results: BJP loses in Modi’s hometown Vadnagar
- Gross NPAs of banks cross Rs8.5 trillion in 1st half of this fiscal
- HPCL asks Airtel to transfer LPG subsidies to bank accounts
- Prem Kumar Dhumal, common man’s leader, loses by 3,500 votes
New Delhi: India’s infrastructure output grew an annual 2.8% in May, its slowest pace in five months, primarily dragged down by a slowdown in output of electricity, steel and refinery products, government data showed on Thursday.
The output expanded 5.5% from a year ago between April and May.
Annual growth in electricity production last month slowed to 4.6% from 14.7% in April. Refinery products expanded 1.2% year-on-year in May compared with 17.9% growth a month ago. Reuters