BSP, JD(S) announce alliance for Karnataka, Lok Sabha elections
New Delhi: The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and the Janata Dal (Secular) on Thursday announced that they are entering into an alliance to contest the Karnataka assembly polls together.
The alliance would continue in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections as well, BSP leader Satish Chandra Misra and JD (S)’s Danish Ali said at a press conference. They said the two parties would contest the Karnataka assembly polls due sometime in April together.
The term of the 224-member Karnataka assembly ends in May.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) wants to wrest power from the Congress which rules the state now.
- Tripura assembly elections: Voting underway amid tight security
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate fourth container terminal of JNPT tomorrow
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- PMO working on resolving PNB fraud, will try to extradite Nirav Modi: MoS finance
- Tibet’s most sacred Buddhist temple catches fire