Vladimir Putin links new Syria ceasefire deal to more pragmatic US stance
Hamburg: Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday that a new ceasefire deal in southern Syria was the result of the US altering its stance and becoming more pragmatic about the situation there.
Putin, speaking at a news conference at the G20 summit in Hamburg, was referring to a ceasefire and “de-escalation agreement” for south-western Syria reached by the US, Russia and Jordan on Friday. Reuters
- Rajya Sabha adjourns without transacting any business
- Disruption in Lok Sabha continues as TDP, TRS, AIADMK protest
- Jerome Powell’s Fed likely to raise rates, may upgrade 2018 outlook
- Supreme Court asks Jaiprakash Associates to deposit Rs200 crore by 10 May
- Deals Buzz: Reliance Jio board to consider raising up to Rs20,000 crore