Smart Cities Mission: Phase II
27 cities have been selected in phase II of the Smart Cities mission, taking the total number of selected cities to 60
Latest News »
- Monsoon session of Parliament from 17 July to 11 August
- CBDT notifies new scrutiny notices with e-facility for taxpayers
- Over 141 feared buried in China landslide, 3 rescued
- DU announces first cut-off list, SGTB Khalsa College registers highest
- Johnny Depp apologised for ‘poor taste’ Donald Trump assassination joke
Union minister Venkaiah Naidu announced on Tuesday the names of 27 cities selected in phase II of the Smart Cities mission, taking the total number of selected cities to 60.
In the first phase, the government had named 33 cities. The 27 cities across 12 states include five from Maharashtra, four each from Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, three from Uttar Pradesh, two each from Punjab, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and one each from Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Gujarat, Nagaland and Sikkim.
Based on marks received in the Smart City Challenge competition, Amritsar in Punjab topped the list, followed by Kalyan-Dombivali in Maharashtra and Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh