Smart Cities Mission: Phase II
Latest News »
- Sorry, Instagram. YouTubers are the key influencers in travel
- US, Japan step up defence cooperation to counter North Korea
- Indiabulls Ventures is world’s top stock with almost 900% gain
- Asian stocks drop on Spain attack, Donald Trump turmoil
- Before Camp David talks, Jim Mattis says Afghan strategy is near
Union minister Venkaiah Naidu announced on Tuesday the names of 27 cities selected in phase II of the Smart Cities mission, taking the total number of selected cities to 60.
In the first phase, the government had named 33 cities. The 27 cities across 12 states include five from Maharashtra, four each from Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, three from Uttar Pradesh, two each from Punjab, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and one each from Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Gujarat, Nagaland and Sikkim.
Based on marks received in the Smart City Challenge competition, Amritsar in Punjab topped the list, followed by Kalyan-Dombivali in Maharashtra and Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh