Railways adds Tejas, Hamsafar, Antodaya Express trains to new timetable
- Eye on 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Mayawati to hold rallies across India
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtakes Alto as India’s best-selling car in August
- Air India looks to vacate unused space at airports, save on rentals
- Nitin Gadkari asks auto industry to start making electric vehicles
- 95 mobile companies set up plants in India: Ravi Shankar Prasad
New Delhi:New Delhi-Chandigarh Tejas Express, Anand Vihar-Gorakhpur Hamsafar Express and Howrah -Ernakulam Antodaya Express are among 30 new services which will be part of the much-awaited new railway timetable.
Destinations and schedules of 10 Hamsafar Express, seven Antodaya Express, three each of Uday Express and Tejas Express will find place in the new timetable to be released on 1 October.
The release of new railway timetable was delayed for a month as the routes and destinations of new proposed services announced in the Rail Budget could not be finalised due to various reasons. Besides the new services, the increased speed of about 37 mail/express trains will also reflect in the new timetable. “We have tried to make the timetable passenger-friendly as there would be many passenger related information in it,” a senior railway ministry official said.
According to the schedule, while Anand Vihar-Gorakhpur Hamsafar Express will be tri-weekly, rest of nine Hamsafar will be weekly service. Delhi-Chandigarh Tejas Express and Anand Vihar - Lucknow Tejas Express will run six days a week and Mumbai-Karmail Tejas five days.
Fares of Tejas and Hamsafar services will be higher than the existing fare structure.