Assam floods: Over 1 lakh people affected in eight districts
Guwahati: The flood situation in Assam on Tuesday remained unchanged with more than one lakh people affected in eight districts where five rivers are flowing above the danger level.
According to an Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) report, the flood-hit districts are Lakhimpur, Jorhat, Karimganj, Karbi Anglong, Hojai, Golaghat, Sivasagar and Sonitpur overrunning 150 villages in nine revenue circles.
Due to heavy rains, water logging has been reported from Jayanagar, Sixthmile and VIP Road of Dispur in Kamrup Metro district, the report said.
Altogether 1,380 hectare crop land has been submerged by the deluge with the worst hit being Lakhimpur district, the report said.
River Dhansiri at Numaligarh in Golaghat district, Jia Bharali in Sonitpur district, Barak in Cachar district, Badarpurghat and Kushiara in Karimganj district and Katakhal in Hailakandi district were flowing above the danger level, it added.
- SBI chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya says investors should pay up for inclusion efforts
- Google said close to buying HTC assets to bolster hardware
- Gender stereotypes are firmly rooted by age 10: global study
- Reliance Jio says it doesn’t stand to gain from IUC cut
- Pakistan raises objection with US over greater role for India in Afghanistan