Last rites of Kalam to be held in his native place: Collector
- Himachal election results 2017 LIVE: Counting of votes begins 8 am in 42 centres
- Gujarat election results 2017 LIVE: BJP and Congress fate on the line, counting of votes begins at 8 am
- For whom the bell tolls in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh
- Gujarat elections: EC withdraws notice to Rahul Gandhi over TV interviews
- Andhra Pradesh: Chandrababu Naidu unveils schemes named after himself
Rameswaram: The last rites of former President A P J Abdul Kalam would be held at his native place in Rameswaram on Wednesday with his body expected to arrive by noon, District Collector K Nandhakumar said.
Nandhakumar said chief ministers of six states are expected to participate in Kalam’s funeral on Wednesday. The collector and Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan also met the family members of Abdul Kalam and offered their condolences.
Meanwhile, S Patchaimal, an advocate from Tuticorin, tonsured his head while paying homage to the former president. He said he had earlier tonsured his head when former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Kamaraj had died. The advocate said that like Kamaraj, he held Kalam in high esteem.