Last rites of Kalam to be held in his native place: Collector
Latest News »
- Utkal Express derailment: Suresh Prabhu asks authorities to fix responsibility
- North Korea slams upcoming joint US-South military exercises
- Half of passenger vehicle portfolio to have automated manual transmission in future: Tata Motors
- BSE to resume trading in Inter Globe Finance shares from Monday
- Naaptol to expand logistics, eyes Rs720 crore sales this fiscal
Rameswaram: The last rites of former President A P J Abdul Kalam would be held at his native place in Rameswaram on Wednesday with his body expected to arrive by noon, District Collector K Nandhakumar said.
Nandhakumar said chief ministers of six states are expected to participate in Kalam’s funeral on Wednesday. The collector and Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan also met the family members of Abdul Kalam and offered their condolences.
Meanwhile, S Patchaimal, an advocate from Tuticorin, tonsured his head while paying homage to the former president. He said he had earlier tonsured his head when former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Kamaraj had died. The advocate said that like Kamaraj, he held Kalam in high esteem.