EasyJet flight to London makes unscheduled landing over ‘suspicious talk’
- JPMorgan rolls out $20 billion investment plan after tax law gains
- Davos Diary, 23 January 2018: Of culinary delights and Modi-CEOs bonhomie
- India-Myanmar-Thailand Trilateral Highway by 2019: Nitin Gadkari
- Maruti, Hyundai dominate 10 best selling PV models in December
- Davos 2018: WEF chief Klaus Schwab bats for ‘smart globalization’
Berlin: An EasyJet flight to London has made an unscheduled stop in Germany after the pilot became concerned about a suspicious conversation on board.
The plane coming from the Slovenian capital Ljubljana landed at Cologne-Bonn airport at about 10pm IST on Saturday.
Airport authorities said in a statement that the 151 passengers on board disembarked the plane using emergency slides and were taken to a transit gate where they were checked by police.
German news agency dpa reports that police also destroyed a piece of baggage that couldn’t be assigned to anybody on board.
Take-offs and landings were suspended for three hours, causing 10 flights to be diverted to other airports and delays to over a dozen more.