EasyJet flight to London makes unscheduled landing over ‘suspicious talk’
- Defection of MNS corporators to Shiv Sena shakes up Maharashtra’s politics
- SC cracker ban brought respite, but a lot needs to be done
- Can blockchain technology be an answer to India’s land governance woes?
- Can see bright Samvat 2074 ahead: Ramesh Damani
- Mutual funds trim metals, retail holdings, tank up on financial stocks in September
Berlin: An EasyJet flight to London has made an unscheduled stop in Germany after the pilot became concerned about a suspicious conversation on board.
The plane coming from the Slovenian capital Ljubljana landed at Cologne-Bonn airport at about 10pm IST on Saturday.
Airport authorities said in a statement that the 151 passengers on board disembarked the plane using emergency slides and were taken to a transit gate where they were checked by police.
German news agency dpa reports that police also destroyed a piece of baggage that couldn’t be assigned to anybody on board.
Take-offs and landings were suspended for three hours, causing 10 flights to be diverted to other airports and delays to over a dozen more.