EasyJet flight to London makes unscheduled landing over ‘suspicious talk’
EasyJet flight was diverted to Cologne-Bonn airport with 151 passengers evacuated on emergency slides
Latest News »
- Infosys chairman R.Seshasayee to retire next year, wants smooth transition
- Pakistan’s BAT team carried ‘special daggers’, cameras to record terror attack
- Ordinance likely to amend SEZ Act for alignment with GST next week
- Five London tower blocks evacuated over fire safety concerns after Grenfell blaze
- China developed world’s most powerful submarine detector: report
Berlin: An EasyJet flight to London has made an unscheduled stop in Germany after the pilot became concerned about a suspicious conversation on board.
The plane coming from the Slovenian capital Ljubljana landed at Cologne-Bonn airport at about 10pm IST on Saturday.
Airport authorities said in a statement that the 151 passengers on board disembarked the plane using emergency slides and were taken to a transit gate where they were checked by police.
German news agency dpa reports that police also destroyed a piece of baggage that couldn’t be assigned to anybody on board.
Take-offs and landings were suspended for three hours, causing 10 flights to be diverted to other airports and delays to over a dozen more.