Andhra Pradesh is the worst state in India for women
- IndusInd Bank launches m-wallet with MobiKwik
- Bharat-22 ETF likely to be launched in November
- Donald Trump will decide on Federal Reserve chair ‘very shortly’
- Rahul Gandhi: The voice of Gujarat’s youth can’t be suppressed, purchased
- India Post Payments Bank appoints Vodafone M-Pesa’s Suresh Sethi as MD, CEO
Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh are the worst states in India for women, with 32,809 and 32,546 reported incidents of crime against women, respectively, in 2013, according to the National Crime Records Bureau. Nagaland, at 67 cases, is the safest state.
In 2012 too, Nagaland reported the lowest number of crimes against women, and West Bengal the highest. Mint looks at the latest data on crimes against women.