Sri Lankan Navy arrests eight Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: Eight fishermen were arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy on charges of fishing in the island nation’s territorial waters.
The navy personnel also seized two boats of the fishermen belonging to Kottaipattinam in Pudukottai district late Wednesday night, Fisheries Department assistant director Chandrasekhar said Thursday. All the fishermen were taken to Kagesanthurai.
In another incident, a boat sunk off Neduntheevu coast and the four fishermen in it were rescued by fishermen in another boat and brought to the shore in Rameswaram early Thursday, he added.
- Google said close to buying HTC assets to bolster hardware
- Gender stereotypes are firmly rooted by age 10: global study
- Reliance Jio says it doesn’t stand to gain from IUC cut
- Pakistan raises objection with US over greater role for India in Afghanistan
- Marlboro man wants us all to quit smoking. Is he crazy?