Sri Lankan Navy arrests eight Tamil Nadu fishermen
Eight fishermen were arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy on charges of fishing in the island nation’s territorial waters
Latest News »
- Rs 2000 note: Opposition seeks clarity on whether govt plans to scrap it
- Chinese daily accuses US of trying to escalate Sikkim standoff with India
- Rescuers on war footing as floods wreak havoc from Gujarat to Assam
- Live: Sin to declare person dead without evidence, Sushma Swaraj on missing Indians in Mosul
- Government incapable of handling infrastructure projects: Amitabh Kant
Rameswaram: Eight fishermen were arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy on charges of fishing in the island nation’s territorial waters.
The navy personnel also seized two boats of the fishermen belonging to Kottaipattinam in Pudukottai district late Wednesday night, Fisheries Department assistant director Chandrasekhar said Thursday. All the fishermen were taken to Kagesanthurai.
More From Livemint »
In another incident, a boat sunk off Neduntheevu coast and the four fishermen in it were rescued by fishermen in another boat and brought to the shore in Rameswaram early Thursday, he added.