Fiscal deficit in April-October reaches 79.3% of full-year target
- Gold prices recover on renewed buying; silver surges
- Activists meet women’s commission to investigate rights violation of Hadiya
- Kerala looks to give three-year jail term and Rs2 lakh fine for polluters of rivers
- Reliance Capital to list home finance unit on 22 September
- Tax department’s e-filing portal out of action for 2 hours
New Delhi: India’s fiscal deficit during the seven months to October was Rs4.24 trillion ($61.91 billion), or 79.3% of the budgeted target for the fiscal year ending in March 2017, government data showed on Wednesday.
The fiscal deficit was 74.0% of the full-year target during the same period a year ago.
Net tax receipts in the first seven months of 2016/17 fiscal year were Rs5.3 trillion. Reuters