Fiscal deficit in April-October reaches 79.3% of full-year target
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats
New Delhi: India’s fiscal deficit during the seven months to October was Rs4.24 trillion ($61.91 billion), or 79.3% of the budgeted target for the fiscal year ending in March 2017, government data showed on Wednesday.
The fiscal deficit was 74.0% of the full-year target during the same period a year ago.
Net tax receipts in the first seven months of 2016/17 fiscal year were Rs5.3 trillion. Reuters