MCD polls: Metro services to begin from 4am on polling day
Latest News »
- Infosys will ‘stay the course’, interim CEO U.B. Pravin Rao assures staffers
- NCLT seeks transfer of insolvency proceedings against Era Infra to larger bench
- Dawood Ibrahim on UK asset freeze list with 3 Pakistan addresses, 21 aliases
- Qatar deposited $6.9 billion in banks in July to offset Gulf crisis outflows
- Govt sets notifies new norms for discoms to buy solar power
New Delhi: The metro train services in Delhi will commence from 4am on 23 April in view of the municipal polls, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Thursday said. Elections to the three civic bodies are due on Sunday and the Delhi State Election Commission is gearing up for the electoral exercise.
“On the day of the MCD elections, the Delhi Metro train services will start from 4:00am so that the staff deployed in election duty can avail the facility. “The trains will run with a frequency of 30 minutes on all the lines till 06:00am. After 6:00am, metro trains will run as per the normal timetable throughout the day on all lines,” a senior DMRC official said.
The DMRC currently operates through various corridors—Yellow, Blue, Violet, Red, Green, Orange Lines—spanning across the length and breadth of the national capital and few neighbouring cities.
The Commission which has come up with special campaigns to raise awareness among voters has also displayed advertisements inside and out of metro premises.
Over 1.1 lakh voters in this polls are eligible to exercise their franchise for the first time. The total number of electorate for the civic polls stands at 1,32,10,206 which include 73,15,915 men, 58,93,418 women and 793 voters in the other category.