Sri Lankan navy arrests 18 Tamil Nadu fishermen
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue
Rameswaram: Eighteen fishermen from Tamil Nadu were arrested on Wednesday by Sri Lankan naval personnel on charges of fishing in Lankan territorial waters, officials said. The fishermen from here, who set out for fishing in a mechanized boat, were arrested by Lankan personnel off Neduntheevu, fisheries department deputy director KT Gopinath said. The fishermen have been taken to Sri Lanka, he said.