Japan’s Shinzo Abe says time to exert maximum pressure on North Korea
Tokyo: Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe said on Monday it was time to exert maximum pressure on North Korea and he had agreed with US President Donald Trump that China should play a bigger role in getting Pyongyang to give up its weapons programmes.
Speaking to reporters, he also said Japan supported Trump’s position that all options are on the table when it comes to dealing with North Korea. Trump is in Tokyo on the second-day of an Asian swing during which North Korea and trade are expected to top the agenda. Reuters
- Indian bankruptcies get a dose of karma, Uncle Sam style
- Cabinet says no permit needed for bamboo grown in non-forest areas
- Gold prices dip on profit-taking amid Fed inflation concerns
- Uber’s messy data breach collides with launch of SoftBank deal
- Deals Buzz: Tiger Global plans to exit Ola after partially exiting Flipkart