Wings of Ethiopian Airlines, Air India planes collide at Delhi airport
New Delhi: An Ethiopian Airlines plane clipped wings with an Air India aircraft at the Indira Gandhi International airport.
The incident happened on Tuesday night when the Ethiopian Airlines’ plane was pushing back for take off and Air India’s Airbus A320 was parked.
The wings of the two planes collided with each other, said an Air India official on the condition of anonymity. The Air India plane has been grounded temporarily. A statement from Ethiopian Airlines is awaited.
The Air India official said the national carrier will be claiming damages from Ethiopian Airlines.
Latest News »
- Donald Trump’s olive branch to North Korea opens murky path to talks
- RBI’s forex operations risk India being tagged currency manipulator: report
- Economic fog to clear in India as clutch of data to give clarity
- Uber narrows Q2 loss to $645 million, boosts revenue in turmoil
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Infosys, Tata Steel, DLF in news