Centre nod for 90 border outposts in Jammu: Mehbooba Mufti
Jammu: The Centre has sanctioned the construction of 90 border outposts (BoPs) along the international border (IB) in Jammu, chief minister Mehbooba Mufti said on Thursday.
In a written reply to a question by BJP MLA Kuldeep Raj in the state assembly on Thursday, Mufti said the process of acquisition of land for the BoPs “all along the Indo-Pak border” in the state had been initiated.
The Union home ministry has conveyed its sanction to the construction and functioning of 90 BoPs on the IB in Jammu, she said. In this direction, Rs21,287,111 has been disbursed as compensation for land out of the total Rs36,620,606 received from Centre, Mufti added.
- Rajya Sabha math poised for a makeover
- Oriental Bank of Commerce loan default case: CBI files FIR against Simbhaoli Sugars MD, CEO
- TV journalist Rahul Mahajan named Rajya Sabha TV editor-in-chief
- Telefonica rolls out personal assistant ‘Aura’ in data focus
- Huawei unveils world’s first 5G commercial modem