×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

2G Scam | 3 June 2011

2G Scam | 3 June 2011
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Fri, Jun 03 2011. 10 19 AM IST
Updated: Fri, Jun 03 2011. 10 19 AM IST
Hindustan Times
Maran pleads innocent, Opposition wants him out
New Delhi: Even though union textiles minister Dayanidhi Maran protested his innocence in the scams during his tenure as telecom minister, the opposition mounted pressure on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday to drop him from the cabinet. Singh, however, hasn’t uttered a word, so far, on Maran.(read story)
Daily News & Analysis
Dayanidhi Maran link pulls down Sun TV, SpiceJet shares
Mumbai: Shares of billionaire Kalanidhi Maran-owned Sun TV Network and SpiceJet plunged on Thursday following reports that his brother and Union textiles minister Dayanidhi Maran has been named in a lawsuit related to the 2G spectrum allocation scam. (read story)
The Economic Times
A Raja plans to petition higher court seeking stay on 2G case trial until completion of probe
New Delhi: Incarcerated former telecom minister A Raja plans to petition a higher court seeking a stay on proceedings in the ongoing 2G cases till the federal investigating agency completes its probe into the alleged irregularities between 2001 and 2007, a person close to Raja told ET. (read story)
The Financial Express
CBI gives clean chit to Tata Tele in 2G scam
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probing the 2G spectrum scam on Thursday gave a clean chit to the Tata Group, at a hearing of two petitions seeking to direct the agency to name four more persons as accused. (read story)
NDTV
Maran started 2G scam, says PAC head MM Joshi
Lucknow: Public Accounts Committee (PAC) chairman Murli Manohar Joshi has told NDTV that he too had suggested a probe into Dayanidhi Maran’s role in the 2G scam in his report to the Prime Minister.(read story)
The Telegraph
Raja asks to write cheque
New Delhi: The man blamed for a scam initially estimated to be bigger than the country’s defence budget had to take court permission today to keep his kitchen fires burning. (read story)
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Fri, Jun 03 2011. 10 19 AM IST
More Topics: 2G scam | Media Roundup | Telecom | A Raja | Kanimozhi |