Meghalaya election results: CM Mukul Sangma wins from Ampati, Songsak
- Ravi Shankar Prasad warns Facebook of action if it sways Indian electoral process
- Afghanistan blast: Suicide bomber kills at least 26 near shrine in Kabul, 18 injured
- Itel S42 Review: A smartphone that Xiaomi Redmi 5 can’t completely overshadow
- BJP to breathe easy in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha polls after ally is mollified
- Stephen Hawking to join Newton, Darwin in final resting place at Westminster Abbey
Shillong:Meghalaya chief minister and Congress candidate Mukul Sangma wins from both Ampati and Songsak constituencies, Election Commission (EC) officials said.
Sangma, who is the chief minister since 2010, retained Ampati seat defeating his nearest Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rival Bakul Ch Hajong by over 6,000 votes.
He also won from Songsak constituency defeating his nearest National People’s Party rival Nihim D. Shira by over 1,300 votes.The BJP was in the third position.
Also Read: Meghalaya election results live updates
The chief minister’s wife Dikkanchi D Shira also won from Mahendraganj seat defeating her nearest BJP rival Premananda Koch by over 6,000 votes, EC officials said. Polling for 59 seats of the 60-member Meghalaya assembly was held on 27 February.