Krishi Kalyan cess from Wednesday; here’s what it will impact
- Venezuela gives Russia’s Rosneft gas field concessions
- RIL, HDFC Bank contribute over one-third of Sensex’s market cap gain in 2017
- Himachal, Gujarat election results tomorrow a test for Modi, Rahul
- Much ado about ‘bail-in’ and FRDI Bill
- Himachal, Gujarat election results may power Sensex, Nifty to record highs
The Krishi Kalyan cess of 0.5% was announced in this year’s budget by finance minister Arun Jaitley to build rural infrastructure in India. It will be levied on all taxable services from 1 June in addition to the Swachh Bharat cess of 0.5% and the existing service tax of 14%.
Only those services which are under a so-called negative list will be exempt from this levy.